Monday, March 23, 2020

Jim Jarmusch's THE DEAD DON'T DIE (2019)

Jim Jarmusch called in ev'ry favor that
Was owed him in the biz: that much is clear. 
The cast is that ridiculous. A frat
Could write this script, though. Sometimes it comes near
To cleverness, but then it has to dig
Right in our ribs. So meta, so much wit --
But not enough for comedy. A big
Ol' mess is what we have here, though some bits
Are quality, like Tilda Swinton's part.
She got to be a Scottish ninja... um.
Do these folks enjoy movies? In my heart
I think they don't. Here they're so smart, they're dumb, 
Unless it's the reverse? At least Tom Waits
And Iggy Pop had fun, I think, my mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...