Sunday, May 3, 2020

Robert Eggers' THE LIGHTHOUSE (2019)


If ever did a film need black and white
T'were this'un, as the light and shadows play
Across these faces, crazed and pure and right
Out of a William Blake book, I might say
(Check out those mad tableaus!), or, then again
From Goya. How did Jaren Blaschke not
Receive a shelf-full of awards, but then
I've not yet seen what beat him. Still, you've got
To hand it to him; nothing's looked like this
Since Hameister, perhaps. And yes, the cast
Chewed up the scene'ry well. I'd be amiss
To not shout out the gull unit, too. 'Vast!
I could go on and on about this one,
It's tense and crazy and it's lots of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...