Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Garth Davis' LION (2018)

The waterworks are open; flow my tears.
But they were earned. I'm human, have a heart
And this film taps into our basic fears
Then tells us it gets better. For my part 
Patel should be a worldwide treasure, and
For once did Kidman not inspire my hate. 
But Wenham, he was wasted, though I'll hand
It to him, his screen time is just first rate. 
That first half hour, though! Evoking much 
Of what I love most from the native screens
Of India! Of Mehta, Ray and such!
I want the story whole, though, so it seems
I've soon a date with Saroo Brierly's book. 
Until I get it, I'll hang on this hook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...