Monday, March 23, 2020

Damien Chazelle's FIRST MAN (2018)


A biopic is not my fav'rite thing,
And of a standard white guy, much less so. 
An astronaut is special, but to bring
Those inner qualities out in a show
Without creating snooze fests -- that's a feat.
A lot of little choices, made just right --
Tight focus, under-use of flashy, neat
FX shots from the outside in the night
Made this about the man's experience.
I might have liked, though, slightly wider scope:
The "Whitey's on the Moon" scene represents 
A story under-shared. More than the trope
Of wounded heroes, that stuff caught my thought. 
I'd like to see more of its like. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...