Sunday, June 14, 2020

Oliver Parker's SWIMMING WITH MEN (2018)


Who knew that toxic masculinity
Could be so simply cured? Though I'll admit
The cases in this film were actua'lly
Quite mild to start with. Still, I'd say that it
Is heartening to think that just chlorine,
Some goggles and some sweet dance moves could make
A difference like this on any scene.
I love the "sad old bastards slowly shake
Their blues away" take on a story, and
I'll always watch Rob Brydon and, too, the
World Treasure that's Jim Carter, on the land
Or in a swimming pool. There's lots to see
And like, including the best training cuts,
Like when Ms. Riley says "let loose those guts!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...