Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Bjorn Engstrom's TANGENT ROOM (2017)


An acting workshop, cleverly disguised
As some stoned  physics student's lamest thought
Experiment, just slightly stylized
Should not be watchable, yet here we've caught
A right rare'un. I won't say I sat on edge,
My pulse a-pounding, but neither did I fall
Asleep, at any rate, or so I'd pledge;
No one was watching me. We cannot call
This bloated, as films go, at least; it's lean
On cast and set and story, true lo-fi
Sci-fi, or maybe student work. That's mean
But that's most what this felt like. You and I
Could better spend our time than watching this,
Unless we'd spend it watching the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...