Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Christopher Miller & Phil Lord's THE LEGO MOVIE (2014)


Oh god, please make it stop, that effing song,
So dumb it's smart, or, yeah, so smart it's dumb
I will say this, though, as things moved along
I hated Ferrell less than e'er my numb
And hateful heart could e'er allow. This tale
Of toys and how they're played with and of how
They get commodified and made a rail
Along which thoughts are shoved felt very now
Until the bit when Emmett, hailed as one
Unspecial leader with no talents, well,
It's not so funny, ne'er will be as fun
Since that November when we went to hell
In 2016. Oh well, it was cute
And I'm sure all the sequels are a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...