Friday, May 1, 2020

Ari Aster's MIDSOMMAR (2019)


The folk art that foreshadows from behind
Each scene almost distracts th'unwary eye
From double-you-tee-eff that blows the mind
As Wicker Man gets blown away sky-high.
How Florence Pugh expressed emotions which
Should not exist, I marvel! But look out --
Some graphic horrors wait. My brain doth itch
From what I saw, but yes, I think about
Another viewing soon. Just how much art
Foretold just how much plot? I saw a bear
On Dani's wall in act one, and a chart
Cartoon of how her beau was going to fare...
And yes, the camera tricks worked well, as did
The scenery. A re-watch I am bid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...