Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Christopher Miller & Phil Lord's THE LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART (2019)


I guess I have to write a sonnet for
This sequel, too, though you could all refer
To yesterday's. They clearly meant for more
To come at last one's end, and what occurs
Is all there in that final scene. A few
Good jokes, and Maya Rudolph, and a bit
Of traveling in time and that will do,
I guess. I do admire the technique. It
Would be much cooler, though, if they had ta'en
The Harryhausen route, with act'ual blocks
Made into act'ual spaceships, ruined plain
And dance floors, but that would sure run out the clocks,
And, too, the patience of the financiers.
Whatever. S'not the worst we've seen, these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...