Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Pella Kagerman's and Hugo Lilja's ANIARA (2018)

A Bergman film in space, reviewers say,
Yet I think Wheatley's High Rise might compare
More accurately to this chilly play
On tragic commons, time and human cares. 
A spaceship goes adrift and all aboard
Are all they've got. The story as here told
Is not of character. It's how a horde
Of people change their folkways. Growing old
Aboard a space bus was in no one's plan,
And once the holodeck-oid suicides,
There's not a lot to do, but, man oh man
The sexy cults! The false hopes! As long rides
Might go this one is rough. I must say, though
I love it when an old broad steals the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...