Saturday, February 8, 2020

Greta Gerwig's LITTLE WOMEN (2019)

The novel is in many ways the star
Itself in this new adaptation. We
Start off with Jo a-publishing (we are
In awe that hand-penned manuscripts could be 
Considered, once) and time is split into
The "past" we know, the "present" near the end
Of Alcott's book. It works! I mean, if you
Consider Jo the heroine, my friend. 
The cast is great, and Massachusetts shows 
To best advantage. Chalamet, though, seems
Attenuated somehow. Heaven knows
Who thought he couldn't stand up to the schemes
Of these March girls at his more nat'ral height.
I hope Jo's Boys someday might see the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...