Friday, February 7, 2020

Alan Rickman's A LITTLE CHAOS (2014)

The master of the micro-moue... I ne'er
Should be surprised that subtlety was brought
By Alan Rickman, film director. There 
Should be more like this. Ev'ry careful shot
Had grace and taste as surely would befit
The Sun King in his prime as were designed 
The gardens at Versailles. While not one whit
Of script is true, who cares? I didn't mind. 
And Winslet's fine, while Stanley Tucci steals
His scenes e'en as the scenery he chews
(But with refinement), though he gave me feels
In his one scene with Rickman. I would choose 
More films like this, had I the pow'r. Alas!
Nobody else wants tact, or style, or class?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...