Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Les Blank's GARLIC IS AS GOOD AS TEN MOTHERS (1980)


I used to think I liked the stinking rose
As much as anybody. Then I learned
That there's a festival done just for those
Who worship it, idolatrous. Though spurned
By others, here, in many tongues, its sung
A gaudeamus, danced with, cooked all ways,
And hipstered on, of course, where'er it's hung.
The captions are delightful. Nowadays
When all of us are garlic-fiends, it seems
A thing near-obvious, but check the year;
I do recall bland flavors were the mean
Back then. Les Blank don't miss a trick, no fear!
It's here. A Herzog cameo, as well,
Means there's just one thing missing here: the smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...