Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Marek Polgar's EXIT (2011)

The cam'ra does what we are not allowed
To do: look straight up in a city scape,
Or closely at small textures that the crowd
Around us shoves us past. Here we may gape
At these and more! And there's a story, too,
Of those who treat their city as a kind
Of puzzle to be solved. I like to move
Through urban spaces as they do, to find
What others miss in passing. Ghosts, they go
From shot to perfect shot, exchange remarks,
And take their cryptic notes. I want to know
The world they are escaping with their charts. 
Another fascination: talking scenes
Are strangely cut, as though these are my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...