Tuesday, April 7, 2020

L.Q. Jones' A BOY AND HIS DOG (1975)


Four years from now, if COVID ain't the thing
(Oh, sorry, Blood, I know that's not a word)
The bombs might get us. What would take the sting
From such a fate would be, I might have heard,
A cyber-telepathic cranky hound
To find me partners, call for popcorn, sense
What I cannot, while making not a sound
That any else can hear. 'Twould be intense.
The mutt might well have Unca Harlan's voice!
Don Johnson isn't bad, for once. No one
At twenty-something always sucks. Rejoice!
On balance, 'tis a silly romp, and fun
Across the 'pockyclypse. I'd take a K.I.T.T.
In canine form along for sure! No spit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...