Thursday, May 21, 2020

Chris Butler's MISSING LINK (2019)

I do not love the character design, 
Especially the faces; they all look
Like they're in need of Kleenex, or less wine. 
At least the animators sort of took
Their physics lessons, and the backgrounds are
Magnificent and detailed. So why make 
The figures so damned ugly? It's bizarre. 
Then there's the shrewish lady lead. I'd stake
A modest sum the writing staff were male,
But really don't care near enough to check. 
Some neat ideas, though, like a haughty, pale
And racist vale of cryptids, and, on deck
A cryptic hunting Saqsquatch. Really, I
Just wished they'd made more effort on this try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...