Sunday, December 16, 2018

Ava Duvernay's A WRINKLE IN TIME (2018)


Inclusive casting makes me smile and smile,
And when it's done this well, I've boundless joy,
Enough to let it slide once in a while
When things I love get cut (like that good boy,
That Fortinbras, and both the twins). Storm Reid,
And young McCabe quite stole my dusty heart.
Their roles called for maturity, indeed,
And gravitas, which each brought to the part
Abundantly. And everything looked great --
The Murrys' home, the stars' duds -- but it seems
All thought went to the visuals. Is the fate
Of novels that are treasures, books our dreams
Wish real, to all get butchered? Nothing much
Of what I love came to the screen, as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)

Some movies are for looking at, and I'd Say this is one, for ev'ry gorgeous frame Would look great on my wall. All that ...